Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Predicament

I need your input. I am trying to decide what is appropriate in this situation….

As previously stated in a previous post, I created a marathon relay team to run the Myrtle Beach marathon. I have 3 teammates that will run 5 miles apiece, and I will run the final 11.2 miles.

The team registration is not necessarily cheap… I told them that. As of Monday, it was $150, or $37.50 per person. Well… the price went up yesterday to $175 or $43.75 per person. I did not really think anything of it… it was only a $6.25 increase, right?

Well, some of my teammates started to point out that this race was a little “pricey for a 5 mile race” Hell, I am not debating this.

I then thought of this in the big scheme of things. What is going to happen when we decide who is driving 2 hours to Myrtle Beach? Luckily, we are staying at my friend’s beach house the night beforehand in lieu of a hotel.

I guess I did not see the big deal.

Then I started to think… should I be paying more because I am running more? Is this fair? I mentioned this to one of them and she seemed to think this was a decent idea.

What do you all think?

4 comments:

Lulu said...

Split it 4 ways and offer to drive down.

Lulu said...

Strike that - my addition is not too good. Split it 3 ways (since there are three of you).

Catwoman said...

Get some new friends?

Tiffany said...

I hear ya, Catwoman. I just think it is soo ticky-tacky. If we cared about the price, we would be doing the 1 mile fun run for free here in Charleston (which I am seriously thinking about doing instead haha)

I might just ask the race secretary if I can still mail in my half rego- she said she would get me a spot.