Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tuesday Night Run... and a positive attitude!

Today was just one of those days when I looked at things from a new perspective. It is really weird where we get our motivation from at times... I will save you those details :)

I was anxious to try out my new running shoes so I threw in a fun little workout tonight, mixing it up a bit with some speedwork. Tomorrow is a 7 miler with the (fast) Wednesday night running group so I did not totally woop it up....

Warmup- 1 mile
10 x 400 repeats
Cooldown- 1 mile
Total- 4.5 miles

I have not run 400m repeats since my cross country days back in '94 (OK, now I feel old Brownie!) and I must say.... I still hate them. I am not (nor do I believe I ever will be) a super duper fast runner. My 400m pace is a few hairs faster than Wiley's 20 mile pace. You know what, though? It is all good. I will get better. I will get faster. I will stick with it. I can do it.

I went to the doctor today for my allergies to get more Zyrtec and Flonase. It felt good when the doctor pointed out that I have dropped 30 lbs since May. It is a damn slow process. I still feel like I have a ways to go but I KNOW I will get there!!!

Overall, today was a great day... During my annual review today, I got a 10% raise at work. That felt awesome. I am improving with my running. I can do it.... I will do it!!

I am looking forward to a big 5K Saturday here in Charleston... I will just keep slowly chipping away at my times. At this point, every race is pretty much a PR... ha ha! I am also planning on getting my long run in on Sunday... maybe I will give my favorite bridge a visit :)

Now... time to try out those 1200 thread count sheets that just arrived from Overstock... awwwww

8 comments:

Kirk said...

Let talk about MY Tuesday night running routine:

Make my mad dash after work to Jack Quinn's Irish Pub for the Tuesday night running club.

Run a 28 min-ish 5K-ish.
Drink two beers before I drink two beers, then I drink two more

Wait one week, repeat...

http://www.jackquinnsrunners.com/

Tiffany said...

I like your plan! Sorry your routine got messed up by some simple country South Carolina gal that breezes into town and loses her belongings all over the trail :) I still laugh when I look at that Garmin route!!

brownie said...

I used to love quarters...back when I was in high school...400 years ago...

PR for the quarter mile is 55.0 seconds, by the way.

MW said...

I had to reread your post 3 times until i finally figured out I was on your blog and not Lulu's.
I think I need another day to recover.

Unknown said...

Your Tuesday was much better than your Monday. Way to go!!

Catwoman said...

Sounds like a good day. Congrats on the weight loss.

Tiffany said...

Snaps to me for mistaking Bug N’ Tar Spray this morning for spray starch… I wondered why it smelled so funny when I was ironing. I was running so late that I just threw on the shirt… typical Tiffany!!

Lulu said...

No Wiley, I think you need to drink more.

Tiff - you rock! I wish every day was Tuesday!