Monday, January 08, 2007

Today suuuuucked.

I knew today was going to suck right from the get-go. It started out on the wrong foot when my kitchen was overcome by a thick cloud of smoke. Yes, did you know the sensors in your toaster can break, therefore not knowing when the bread is ready? Uh…yeah…I went into the bedroom to continue getting ready before I smelled a horrible stench coming from the kitchen. I grabbed the flaming and scorched bread from the toaster to hurl it into the sink and got it all over my white linen shirt fresh from the dry cleaners.

Fantastic.

I get to work. Two software demos and a presentation for the newbies- back to back. Meanwhile, my inbox is filling up with messages titled, “Did you forget about this?” and “Don’t let this slip through the cracks!!” which were referring to emails sent this morning that I had not even read yet.

Sigh.

This afternoon I had a conference call with an angry client. I had been dreading it all weekend. We had several people on our end but no one wanted to step up and take charge. I finally take over and get absolutely MAULED over-it was awesome. Apparently, people get mad when they buy software from you and it doesn’t work. Who knew?

A glimmer of hope! I drive over to Mount Pleasant to pick up the new running shoes that just came in. Think again, Tiff! There is a shitstorm of a traffic accident and the store is closed when I get here.

I make the best decision of the day… I finally decide to just ditch my Junior League meeting and head home. Therefore, I am safely at home drinking a glass of Cabernet and waiting to watch the Buckeyes kick ass. I used to love watching the band spell out "Ohio" when I was little and my daddy would take me to home games in Columbus. I thought the "i" dotter was just the coolest thing ever :)

Woohoooo!!!

9 comments:

Mike said...

I was reading that post and waiting for the mention of alcohol. Took longer than expected, really. I'd have the Baileys out for the conference call three o' clock coffee.

I'm sorry about your Buckeyes (if anyone is in the present and they didn't lose I am in the past and they are losing by 17 with 4:30 to go)

PS: if you are in the past bet on Florida.

brownie said...

Drink for whining!

I hate OSU. When I was a soph at Pitt they ran the score up on us and beat us by 72 points. I'm glad they got their asses kicked.

Catwoman said...

Sorry your team lost. I watched the game and they pretty much sucked!!

(FYI My soccer team also lost in the FA cup!)

Tiffany said...

Don’t worry, I have not wimped out and given up on drinking (oohh the shame!) Yesterday’s shenanigans just threw me off my game a little bit. Luckily, I am back on top today and kicking ass and taking names… and just in time for my annual review this afternoon.

Kirk said...

tsk, tsk, tsk,
Bad on you for two reasons:
1) Missing your Junior League meeting. (I always wondered if J.L. meeting degenerate into naked pillow fights....hmmmm)

2) Rooting for the wrong team. I lived in Ohio and couldn't stand OSU fans. Besides, South Carolina beat OSU twice in bowl games. OSU is 0-8 against SEC teams

At least the glass of wine was redemption.
bye-bye!!!

Tiffany said...

OK I was just kidding I wanted Florida. Muwahahahahaaaa

Tiffany said...

And NASCOCK... I will never divulge what happens at J.L. meetings... it is a sworn secret :)

MW said...

I dont' mean to hate but...
I have now seen the dotting of the 'i' in person two times, and i just don't see the excitement.

Texas has been spelling out 'script texas' for decades too, so that's nothing unique.

Sorry, so much hate for the buckeyes in me. I'm sorry. It's just in here, and wants out when it gets the chance.

sorry about your shitty day. At least your quads, calves and toes aren't cramping on you!

Tiffany said...

The shitty day was just a blip on the radar... I am back to regular Tiff cheerfulness levels now.

WOOOOHOOOOOOO