Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wednesday Run… and the magical reappearance of my American Express card!

I had to make a MAJOR decision tonight- I was at a crossroads. My sales team was having a big going away happy hour at 4:00 PM today for one of our outside sales guys. Everyone cleared up at 4:00 PM as I kept trekking at work. I knew I had my Wednesday Mt. P running group tonight and I really, really, really wanted to go. I felt accountable.

So, I changed into my running clothes at work and stopped by the happy hour for about 15 minutes. Wearing my clothes there made me accountable because I would not have stayed out all night boozing it up with workout clothes on. I stopped by, told a few jokes, and got on my way.

Damn, I was proud of myself!

I get to my running group (which is normally all women) and I see a 20 something guy sitting at our normal meeting spot. He looks like he is getting ready to go on tour with the Dead- cargo shorts, long hair, tie-dyed shirt…. But he has running shoes on. I start talking to him and yes, he is here for the run. The other ladies eye him up as well.

We start running and it is clear he wants to keep a pretty fast pace (or at least faster than my normal pace). I run to stay with him while several of the other folks drop off. I ended up staying with him for the 6 mile run and got to know someone I probably would have not met otherwise. We also decided to mix up our run next week and finish at Shem Creek where we have a plethora of creekside bars to choose from, including my favorites- Water’s Edge and Red's Ice House where the beer and Bimini are free flowing!

On a FANTASTIC note- I also found my Am Ex that I thought was lost or stolen (Nascock). Just like my momma used to tell me when I was little and I had lost something- “Retrace your steps, Tiff” I went through the last couple days in my mind, checked the online credit card charges (hell, I can’t remember much from Friday night but apparently I spent almost $200 on sushi and sake shots- DAMN) and lo and behold… I found the card! It was tucked in one of my suit jacket pockets. Yippeeee!

Time to celebrate with some online shopping for cuuuutie North Face Boots for my ski trip.... a girl's gotta look good after she does her one ski run for the day and then resorts to drinking in the lodge before retiring to the hot tub!

6 comments:

Lulu said...

Girl...if you are gonna do some online shopping it needs to be a Pub Run outfit. (P.S. Yes I am drunk on Wed - hallelujia or how ever you spell that)

Tiffany said...

Totally. I just sent you a message about what the theme is?

I am fixing to pop the cork on a bottle of Sangiovese.... yum yum yummmmmmmmy. Will be buzzin' soon too- I ate a GU for dinner at 6 PM!

Unknown said...

Nice work on your run! You'll be hitting PRs all over the place!

Tiffany said...

I am hoping to set a PR at the pub run.

Lulu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lulu said...

Did you get my note? Super Bowl Theme approved. Yo yo yo!!!

You are going to PR your number of beers drank in 4 hour for sure!!