Friday, April 04, 2008

Twas the night before the Bridge Run...

Life has been nuts lately. Most of my energy, thoughts, and prayers have been with my grandfather. He went into the hospital last week to get a cancerous tumor removed, end up having a stroke after lots of internal bleeding, and has been in Intensive Care since then. It has been really hard on my family.

So, here I sit at 11:35 PM the night before my third Bridge Run. I haven't trained. I haven't run much since October. I am just going out to have fun and run/walk this 10K thing with friends. I am hoping to get the same motivation that I got several years ago on the bridge that spawned a tailspin of half marathons, marathon training, and other assorted fun.

Twas the night before the Cooper River Bridge Run...

2 comments:

Chief Wahoo said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather...my thoughts are with you...

I hope the bridge run went well! Lace them shoes back up and hit the road Tiff!

David said...

Hope things go well and he pulls through famously! Sorry we didn't catch you this time. We'll have to come down again soon.

Travel safe!