Friday, March 28, 2008

Now where did I put those running shoes...??!?!

It’s Official.

I signed up for the Cooper River Bridge Run 10K today- which leaves me one week (or actually 8 days) til the race next Saturday! I had to keep my streak alive so this will be my third year running…or run/walking in my case. Can you blame me for wanting to check the weather report before signing up for a race? Chicago… Chicago…Chicago… Well we appear to be A-OK with lows in the 50’s, highs in the 70s.

On a slightly bad note- I’ve only run once in the last 5 months… but I’m doing it! Nothing like a good kick in the butt to get back on track. And…a certain person does not know that I signed him up too… misery loves company, right?

Now I must find an outfit! And wipe the dust off those running shoes...

5 comments:

Chief Wahoo said...

AWESOME! Glad you are going to be lacing up the running shoes again!

Is the foot fully healed now?

Mendy said...

You are too funny! That reminds me, I need to go shopping for my outfit. :-)

We're coming and will be staying with friends in James Island. We will be at the race, but right after it, we gotta take off and go get Grace. She will be watched by our friends, who are letting us stay in their condo. They will probably be going back home (Greenville) right after we get back to get Grace. So, if you wanna meet up sometime Sat afternoon/night, let us know. We're planning on leaving probably Sunday sometime.

mendysc at yahoo dot com

Jess said...

hahah way to be all sneaky about sign ups!

Jess said...

Good luck with the bridge run!

David said...

See you tomorrow! I'll be wearing my pretty red shoes. :-)