Thursday, November 08, 2007

Chicago Lakefront... brrrr

Well, I reluctantly drug myself out of my warm, fluffy Sheraton Heavenly Bed yesterday morning to run in Chicago! Weather Channel.com reported the temps as 29 degrees when I set out- I put on my cute winter running clothes (much snappier than my summer gear), my new Chicago Marathon (grrr) running gloves, and off I went.

Felt like a crapola popsicle the first mile.

Second mile... feeling good...

By mile 3, I felt awesome! Could have gone for days... ok, maybe a few miles.

In the end, I did about 5 miles and some change.

Felt awesome.

Be back in Chicago in about 10 days...working on some big deals with local cultural orgs. Will return to my fav running route!

Still on the fence to do a 10 mile run here in Charleston on Saturday morning. I need motivation!!!!!!!!!!

Happy trails!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

good for you getting out there on the lakefront in the a.m. Not me! I save the lakefront for later in the day :)

Mendy said...

Wow, burrrr.... that's cold. But, it's that time again. I LOVE those heavenly beds. Westin has them too. They are so comfy.

If you decide to do the 10K, have fun!

David said...

Geez, between Marcy working out in the middle of the night and you purposely leaving a comfy hotel bed to run in the frigid wind, I'm starting to wonder who I'm hanging out with here!

Pretty darn admirable, though! Good on you, and I hope you enjoyed some dogs and beers to celebrate the run.

Jess said...

That is cold, especially at first, but the colder weather does feel good once you're warmed up.

sunshine said...

Found you through Mendy. Wow, I have to admire you for running while on the road. I think about it, and sometimes even pack my running shoes, but barely actually get out there. (sometimes if I'm training for a race, but even then I'm lucky...)

Looks like you have a full race calendar... good luck!

David said...

You know where it isn't cold? Arizona. Even in January.

Mendy said...

We know you have some racked up pts in mileage and hotel room stays, to take a "half mary" visit out to AZ, right?

No pressure. Just putting it out there. I know we'll definately see you in Feb at MB!!!