Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunday loooooong run!

Today was my scheduled 7 mile long run (hell, in a couple of weeks- 7 miles will seem like nuthin'!) so I laced up and hit the road. My marathon training coworkers have been doing their long runs on Saturday mornings together so I am looking forward to getting back on their schedule when the travel slows down.

It was pretty hot and humid this morning and I got to road test my brand new beautiful gorgeous RED Hall of Fame shirt, sent by Chief himself. I loved it!! It was so nice and cool, even though the thing was drenched in sweat halfway through the run. Thanks so much, CW! I wonder if he will ask for a discount on software now... muahhaaaa. Fortunately the red shirt did not show the Malbec seeping through my pores while I ran.

Speaking of...the wine tasting last night was awesome! I learned a lot about wine pairings and different types of wine that I would normally never try. I am anxious to show my skillz off at my next part-tay. The hosts were super awesome too! We capped off a fabulous night on the porch smoking some Cubans and enjoying the nice Charleston night.... already planning our next jaunt to Club Havana... perhaps Mendy and David can make it down sometime soon?!?!?

Alright, I need to get something off my chest. I am guilty- I did something horrible yesterday. I went to Walmart and picked out about 8 different greetings cards- Father's Day cards for all the men in my life, birthday cards, baby cards, etc. I put them underneath my pocketbook while I continued to shop and did not realize I forgot to pay for them until I got to my car in the parking lot. I did not know what to do!! I ended up not going back... am I a terrible person? (I also thought that I should have not been so cheap and gotten the $3.23 cards instead of the $.94 ones if I wasn't paying- HA!)

So today is gorgeous outside. I just threw on my bathing suit and plan to hit the pool. As I am writing this- I think I may head over to my parents' house to celebrate Father's Day and eat lunch and then hit their pool which is like 59 times bigger than mine. Yeeeeeeeeees. Pooooooooooool.

Happpy trails to everyone and HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you dads out there!!!!!!

4 comments:

MW said...

you should not shop at walmart. It's a horrible horrible place that destroys the little guys, and tries to invade neighborhoods where they are unwanted.

SAY NO TO WALMART!

Chief Wahoo said...

Nice job on the run!
I am so glad I do not have to nag you today!

Glad you like the shirt - it makes you faster you know.

The cards - a moral quandry - I think I would feel a little guilty then quickly move on - it's not like you did it on purpose.

Cubans - I am ooooohhhh so jealous - just the usual macanudo hyde park here yesterday - must be nice being a high roller!

Enjoy your day in the pool.

Marcy said...

Don't worry about it, I think everyone has done something like that one time or another :-) It's when it becomes a habit that it's a prob :P

Mendy said...

Ahhh... so jealous. Wine, cubans, club havana. Girl, we're gonna have fun when we come visit! I love to mellow out in a little black dress in club havana, smoking a (real) cigar, with a nice fine wine.

Sounds good David?

Wal-mart's the devil. Not like they're gonna miss that money. They are the richest in the world.