Thursday, June 07, 2007

Hot hot hot!

No, I am not talking about Sanjaya from American Idol... I am talking about this HOT weather out in Phoenix! There was a quick cold spell that hit Chicago right before I left last night (dipped into 50's at night) and then I land in 100 degree weather here.

I have been working myself ragged lately so I will guiltily admit I never made it out running in Chicago as I barely made time to get 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night while preparing for a big demo. This morning I woke up to dial into a teleconference call at 8:30 AM EST which equated to 5:30 AM local and me getting about 3.5 hours of sleep. Yipppeee!!

So, I got off the call and had had ENOUGH! I threw on my running shorts, tank top, shoes and shoved the local trail map down my sports bra and I was off! I am staying a little outside the city at this fabulous desert oasis- the Squaw Peak Hilton Resort. Because I am insane and travel so much, I have the highest tier status with Hilton and they upgraded me to a 2 level casita with a full kitchen, 2 bathroom, balcony, garage, etc. It is super sweet! I have already planned the after-game fiesta tonight in my casita.... yes we are going to see the Diamondbacks play the Giants!

OK, back to my running story. There are miles upon miles of trails in the Dreamy Draw Park- all pretty much in the desert. It was hot by the time I got out there and I could instantly feel the effects of not drinking enough water lately and I felt dehydrated. I followed my marathon training program which called for only a 3 mile run. I am definitely going back tomorrow and trying a different trail and going earlier to get a longer run in. It rocks!!!

The scenery was amazing- part of the beauty of traveling so much is the opportunity to run in different cities, in different terrains, and just explore. Glancing at the clock now... I think I even have enough time to jump in the pool and take a float down the lazy river...

Awwww....

2 comments:

Mendy said...

Seems like a nice place to go for a run! Hope your 2nd one was more to your liking. Jealous of that palace you're in... wow! I guess that's the sacrifices you have to make for all that traveling you do. hehe :-)

Great you're able to stay on your training plan too! Takes a lot of dedication to continue... fantastic! Have a nice weekend, Tiff wherever you end up this weekend! :-)

Chief Wahoo said...

Sounds like an awesome run!

GREAT JOB!