Sunday, June 10, 2007

Still alive (barely)

The last week finally caught up to me last night. I got home from Phoenix about 5:00 PM and I laid down for "just a little nap" waking up at 10:00 AM this morning. I realize I burnt myself out the last week and I need to do a better job of life/work balance :)

On a good note- I had a good round of trips last week... Chicago went well with some great meetings. I flew to Phoenix and got a couple nice runs in (despite being in middle of desert- it was surprisingly refreshing with no humidity).

I went to see the Diamondbacks play the Giants Thursday night with a coworker and a client. We had AWESOME seats (thanks for my client's season tix) and I had my closest encounter with catching a fly ball. Barry Bonds was up to bat- hit a foul ball which I saw was coming directly towards us. At the time, I was holding my Blackberry in my right hand and my beer in my left hand. At that split second, I did not know which one to throw first as my coworker buried her face in my shoulder. I ended up sitting there stunned as the guy in front of me got it. Dammmn! In hindsight, I should have shoved my stuff towards my coworker and made a dive for it, despite the fact that I was wearing a skirt. Yes, I wear skirts to baseball games.

On a bad note, I was eating popcorn that night and part of my crown came off my tooth. Ouuuuch! I am going in tomorrow morning to get it fixed before I fly up to NYC for work. So I have avoided hot/cold foods since then and in turn have not really eaten anything or drank cold water as it hurts like HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL. I do not recommend losing part of your dental work.

We ended our meetings Friday around 3:00 PM so I headed down to the pool at our hotel/resort. Turns out there were about 14 different pools, complete with lazy river, waterslide, and other fun ammenities. I ended up going down the slide no less than 8 times and drinking about 94 Coronas while enjoying the Phoenix sun. In turn, I kept the night going with a fun night out on the town and feeling the pain when I woke up for my 6:00 AM flight Saturday morning.

So, today's prescribed run is 7 miles. I woke up late and temps had already hit 90 degrees with full humidity. Yes, that means the dreadmill. Oh well... at least I will get some outdoor runs in this week in NYC and Philly. My travel schedule has been totally nuts and I feel like I am not completely 100% into marathon training right now- which I think is a bit understandable. I need to continue to buckle down though and get through the crazy travel times as it ain't gonna get any easier from here!

Happy trails to all!

And oh yeah... I almost forgot. This one's for you, Chief. Bandera and Omar missed ya!

The Infamous Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert at Bandera Restaurant

7 comments:

Marcy said...

Sounds like you're a woman on the move!! Busy, busy , busy! LOL What I'd give for an actual bite of that dessert! YUM!!

Chief Wahoo said...

Well thanks for the great photo Tiff!

That's about as close as I got to that dessert when I was actually at Banderas with you!

brownie said...

If you ever catch a ball from Bonds, be sure to throw it back!

Tiffany said...

Listen, Chief. If you hadn't woofed down all the fries with your steak n' enchilada- I would have shared.

Get your own, OK?

That stuff is amazing.

I need to run extra miles to burn it off as I did not share it with Margaret either :)

Tiffany said...

Marcy- you should ask Chief to make you one homemade. Yall live near each other?!

It is faaaaaabulous!

Tiffany said...

Brownie- the dude considered tossing it back on the field but wimped out.

Amateur.

Mendy said...

That dessert looks yummy!!!! Wow! Great job on being really into marathon training. Mine starts this week and I'm a little nervous especially with our temps... crazy! I know you got the m'skitos down yawder...

Good run! sounds like a good time too!