Tuesday, May 29, 2007

It's like that.... and that's the way it is...

In an effort to get to bed early for my 7:00 AM flight to Vancouver tomorrow morning, I have found myself totally engrossed in the Runner's World online forums. It is now 12:29 AM EST and I am totally delirious.

One particular thread caught my eye- some dude was talking about how training for a marathon has affected his marriage. Most of the people agreed that your spouse needs to be supportive and understanding and so on... while others admitted it contributed to the failure of their own union.

Seeing as how I have never- a) run a marathon or b) legally gotten married - I did not have anything concrete to add to the post. However, it did kinda remind me of how a 5K race once threatened to get between me and happy hour.

Not wanting to short change either of my loves, I ended up doing both.

Is marathoning and marriage that easy too???

2 comments:

Chief Wahoo said...

That's what I call over coming adversity!

One question? What made you add the Baileys to the coffee in the AM before the race?

I was totally with you till that moment - but that was CRAZY!

Tiffany said...

Puh-lease. Don't even pretend for a moment that you wouldn't do the same thing.

HA!