Sunday, April 15, 2007

Weekend Recap!

Whoa! What a whirlwind weekend! I spent my mornings volunteering at Habitat for Humanity learning how to install insulation and master the circular saw. Afternoons were spent at the Family Circle Cup, taking in some fabulous tennis and working on a nice tan. Weekends like this make me so grateful to live in Charleston…. I could not resist stopping by the Boone Hall Market yesterday on my way home from Habitat and getting some local goodies- mussels, strawberries, and fresh veggies. I made mussels in white wine sauce yesterday which was by far the best I have ever had. I love buying local!!!

I did 9 miles this evening, battling the 25-35 mph winds (with up to 40 mph gusts) that are coming up to the northeast now… just in time for Boston! Eeek… that weather report does not look so good…windy and rainy. I am watching the live streaming video of the finishers at Ironman Arizona and just saw one of our VPs cross the line. Very cool! Go Ironmen and Ironwomen! I am amazed.

Happy trails to all and a great week!

No comments: