Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The story about why I didn’t run last night…

It all started when I volunteered to sell raffle tickets yesterday at work for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life. We are sponsoring 5 or 6 corporate teams and were hosting a happy hour yesterday (at the bar next to the soccer stadium across our parking lot- easy access) to raise money.

So, I walked around and sold $1 raffle tickets…. Almost $200 worth! I then was talked into attending the happy hour. Hard sell, right? Happy hour…drinks…live music…a little gambling…

I had a ton of fun, took pictures, and raffled off prizes. We ended up raising almost $1500!! Yipppee!! I then sweet talked someone into giving me their 7 tickets to the Family Circle Cup tennis tournament right on the island last night. Serena Williams was playing the first match of the night….and more importantly… they sell booze. I rounded up a random group and we trekked over to the Daniel Island Tennis Center… woohoo!

Suddenly, it is 10:00 PM and I am flirting with the cute ushers and ball boys with a Bloody Mary in each hand.

And THAT is why I did not run last night.

And yeah- and Serena dropped out in the middle of her match… ironically losing at the time 5-2 in the first set.

5 comments:

aka Moogy said...

I'm running the Relay For Life here in town on May 4-5. I think that I am going to try to run a marathon starting @ 23:00 or something.

Tiffany said...

Yay!!! Go Relay for Life!!! Hurray!!

Go ahead- live on the wild side

brownie said...

Did you see Anna Kournikova?

Gagger said...

I'm running in the Relay for Life here April 20-21!

Tiffany said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Gagger!!!