Sunday, April 15, 2007

Less than 2 weeks til the Kentucky Derby Festival Half!

Yep, time for another half marathon on April 28th... and my hardest one yet! I am really looking forward to running it in my hometown of Louisville, KY and even running the same roads we used to train on back in high school. The first 6 miles are pretty darn hill (for this sea level gal, at least!) and then I get my own personal running partner and pacer- my brother!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited that he will be running the last 7 miles with me... although I am sure it will be hard for him to slow down enough to keep pace with me. He is a triathlete and runs 5Ks in like 17 or 18 minutes. Yeah... not me. I am soooo excited to run with him!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad my sister-in-law can't run with us too... but understandably she is sitting this one out due to being 7 months pregnant with my future niece/nephew :)

I am thinking about tackling another half marathon just two weeks after the KDF Half... I am going to see how I feel. And then.... and then... and then... it is time to start my 20 week Chicago training program. I have recruited a handful of pals here in Charleston to run Chicago too! Yippppeee!!! Chicago Marathon!!!

No comments: