Saturday, January 20, 2007

High heels are not a runner’s friend

I thought it would be a fabulous idea to wear 4 inch heels last night to my sales kickoff party downtown (aka Night #2 of a three night bender). After all, I am 5’11” and seldom have the opportunity to wear tall heels because most men I go to functions with are around my height or a little taller. My date last night was 6’9”- this left plenty of room for high, high heels.

What a mistake.

My feet are killing me! Maybe it is one of those things… you need to get used to wearing them and it’s not that bad… I am not sure I want to know. And walking (skipping) down those cobblestone streets in those shoes… bad bad bad

Today’s weather forecast in Charleston is mid 50’s, sunny, no humidity, beautiful blue skies the color of the ocean water in the Cayman Islands (poetic, right?) In my opinion, this is utopian running weather.

Where will I be today though? Stuck indoors at a mandatory sales team building event. All I can say is… as soon as they make me do a trust fall or sing “Kumbaya”… I am walking out.

4 comments:

MW said...

Let me guess:

a- Get together in teams and do a mock sales cycle taht you then present.
b- Solution selling
c- Death by powerpoint
d- Boring ass presentation by the Professional Services director.

Tiffany said...

How about c and d. It is weird- you actually hit D right on the head. Then we played two hours of team trivia :)

MW said...

professional services always thinks we all care about their methodology.

it's like... dood, we'll call you when we need you on the phone and you can tell them. Don't tell me, tell them.

Tiffany said...

Wow Wiley! You are seriously right on the money... they came to talk to us about the new methodology which strangely, is the same as the old methodology... just has a marketing spin with some fancy acronym. NOT the most captive subject for a Sat afternoon and a room full of salespeople. We would have preferred to just watch sports on the TVs in the cafeteria, played volleyball and horseshoes out back, and tap the keg. Now THAT is teambuilding :)