Sunday, January 21, 2007

Rock star by night, runner by morning

Despite a packed schedule, I did manage to get four runs in the past week- 11 miles last Sunday, a quick 4 miler on Tuesday, bridge run on Wednesday (about 5.5), and 10 miles today on the trails. Thankfully, I had a pal to run with today out at the Greenway and the miles passed by with ease as we talked about just about everything. Breaking up the monotony of the road was awesome…. And there are 17 miles of trails out there for me to enjoy! In typical fashion, I did manage to step into a mudpit and completely cake my shoe in mud whilst the other is still white and gleaming. I totally look like a freak.

After my Annual Sales Kickoff Three Day Bender, I admit I am happy it is over. I cannot keep up with that breakneck pace of boozing,’ parties, and other assorted fun. Well, maybe I can. Still… some people (like Brownie) are able to rock out all night and then run 4 minute miles the next morning up Pike’s Peak. I am not like that. My pre-run prep last night was less than ideal- lots of oysters, beer, Jager, gambling, dancing, and less than 2 hours of sleep on my friend’s dogbed in the corner of the living room (don’t ask). Of course, he has a yellow lab who fell asleep on top of me and I was wearing a black sweater and jeans. Again, I look like a freak. I can’t help it that my friends kept handing me drinks last night. It is rude to say no! I usually had two, sometimes three, drinks in my hands at all time. We were supposed to be team building and what better way than to shake your ass with your coworkers (to Journey)?

Therefore, I am taking a hiatus from drinking…until Thursday. Well, we do have a team happy hour tomorrow night… even though I have an early, early flight Tuesday morning!

Damn!

8 comments:

Mike said...

We'll see how far you rock the star.

Lulu said...

Probably a good idea to not drink until Thursday. You'll need your energy for the Pub Run.

Catwoman said...

Every Monday morning I decide I am not going to drink until Thursday. That usually fails by the time I get to Jack Quinn's on Tuesday!

brownie said...

I've never, ever quit drinking for any period of time. Yunz guys are wankers.

Gagger said...

Hey, do you have a place to stay and a ride to the start of your race on Sunday?

Tiffany said...

Rock the star... rock the star Tiff!! WOO-HOO :) Yes, I def need to conserve my energy for 3M...ehhrr... the pub run...

Less than 3 days til Austin!

Tiffany said...

Hey Gagger! Thanks for asking... yes, I have a hotel and I figured I would just drive to the race start on Sunday as it is probably too far to walk from my hotel... I will have to check out the lay of the land when I get to Austin on Thursday!

Gagger said...

Ok, cool. Turns out I'm dog sitting for my mom this weekend and has extra bedrooms and lives pretty close the start.

Oh yeah, and the cutest dog ever!!!