Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hiiizzzz-ump Day!!

I can’t get this outta my head today…

“Sometimes I think it’s a shame,

When I get feelin better when I’m feelin no pain”

A free Woodford Reserve on Tiff for the first person that knows the name of the song and artist!

Tonight was my running group night over in Mt. P. As usual, I was busting a move to get out of the office, changed, and over there by 6:15 PM. I drove like a madwoman to make it on time… sure glad I did too… no one even showed up! Apparently, the rapid drop in temperature (my car read 40 degrees) and the horrible wind gusts keep people at home. Not to mention this week was the bridge run training workout and people act like they have to climb Pikes f'in Peak or something.

Oh well, I got a good 5 miles in. I started on the Mt. P side of the bridge, ran over and back. Maintained a 9:50 pace which was good for me considering the conditions and the fact that I really wasn’t pushing it the entire time. Usually I see tons of people on the bridge. Tonight I saw 4 other people during the entire 5 mile stretch.

I am fixin’ (a little southern twang for yall) to sign up for the Bridge Run. One of the registration questions is your expected finish time, which then determines what section you begin with and you get a different colored bib. For some reason, I am debating what to answer… my goal is 49-60 min and I KNOW I can do it in under 59:59… the other option is over an hour. Why am I even thinking about this??? I am so lame sometimes. It is like I am in denial that I will actually run it sub-hour. I guess it is the same difference- me starting at the very back of the 49-60 group (I certainly don't want to slow people up) or the very front of the over hour group. The difference? It is all about the color of the bib. Please tell me what a freakazoid I am being.

Wooohhoooo....I’ve got a big weekend ahead- our annual sales kickoff!! In typical fashion, it includes an entire weekend of social events and F-U-N!!! I am first making a huge presentation Friday afternoon in front of the entire salesforce (200+ people)- Should be kick ass. Friday night is our big sales semi-formal party at Charleston Place, the nicest place in town. They actually put a photo on their website that includes me!! I am the one riding the horse in my short black gown. Talent, I know.




There will be lots of drinks, dancing, and post-party fun downtown!! Love it love it love it.... Somehow we will all drag ourselves to team building Saturday afternoon and then reload for a big oyster roast and barbeque Saturday night. Let’s just say- the long run is being tabled til Sunday!!!!!!!!

Off to Bedfordshire for this tired gal...

7 comments:

JohnF said...

Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown.

Kirk said...

Dang!!!! You beat me to it...

brownie said...

JD is ten times better than that yuppie stuff anyways!

Tiffany said...

Curse! And by yuppie stuff... you mean the best bourbon in the world. JD is for amateurs and alcoholics...

wait...

MW said...

Gordon Lightfoot's, "Sundown"
Did I win!!!???

google is a cheater's tool, Johnf

MW said...

What'd you win?!?!

Tiffany said...

Best Supporting Role. As a Sales Engineer, this is the highest honor bc I do not carry my own quota :) 3 of the 4 top salespeople in the entire company come from my team...guess they have a pretty kick ass engineer, right?