Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sunday Blog Buffet

For some reason, I find myself blogging a lot on Sundays. I think it goes back to my procrastination habits and usually, blogging is a lot more fun than cleaning, packing for my MN/WI trip tomorrow, hauling the Xmas tree out of storage, doing work work, running 10 miles, or talking to most of my relatives on the phone (Sundays are when they all call me- I know, I know... that was harsh) There are times that it is really pointless to sit on the phone and basically talk about nothing.

Let me break it down. My life is both incredibly simple and complex. Definitive, right? I travel every week for work (which I love), I run, I pay my bills and do laundry, and I like to hang out with friends when I have time. Through subtle hinting and comments, I think a lot of my family members are just waiting to hear the magic words from me, "Yes, I've met someone! Yes, we're getting married! Yes, we are having x number of children! My life is now complete!" No offense to anybody- but that it not what will make me feel complete. Yes, that will be a nice complement to my existing life- but there is soo much more out there for me right now.

So- (insert name of relative)- quit asking me! I will be sure to invite you to my wedding one day and you can dance to Kool and the Gang and drink all the bourbon you want... on my dime! :)

OK, I know that was a heavy blog to read- especially when I am supposed to be writing something about running, right?

The weather outside looks crappy- it is bleak (bleek?) and looks cold. I will admit- I have not been outside yet. I had planned on running 10 miles today- my ankle is still a little sore from yesterday and I think I might actually can my long run this week and just focus on a couple shorter runs this week in anticipation of Saturday's half. Hal Higdon might not approve though- I have been following his lead since May when I started running again. Oh well... I guess I should also explain one of the MAIN reasons why I do not feel like running today. Maybe these photos from last night will explain it better than words:







Yes, that is me in the front middle with the umbrella behind my ear. You can't hide class.

I find myself wondering today who actually reads these blogs. Who sort of demographics make up my readership? Men? Women? Single? Married? 6 mile pace? 12 mile pace? Possibly reading this blog during recreational time in prison? (no thanks)

So... in a gallant attempt to find out who the hell you are... tell me a little something about yourself. I promise I don't bite :)

8 comments:

Mike said...

i just ran a bitter cold, gusty, hilly, desolate 20K race here in austin. drunk, from previous nights "efforts." surprisingly, i've been told i ran a 7:37 pace. i will now be napping until drinks at 5.

Tiffany said...

I don't think I believe that statement, "...ran a bitter, cold, gusty, hilly, desolate 20K race here in Austin..."

From reading yall's posts- it sounds like Austin is FantasyLand. There are cocktails are every mile marker, everyone runs a PR in every race, and each Thursday includes some sort of Pub Run which leads to a Beauty Salon?

Am I missing something here? I am moving to Austin!

Seriously... congrats on the race today- that kicks ass!!!

My official countdown to my first half is less than a week- woooooooooooohhhhhhhhoooooooo

brownie said...

I'm 6'00", 175 pounds, enjoy long walks on the beach...

Austin only has a pub run once a month. Wussies.

Tiffany said...

OK, I wasn't try to run some online dating scam here... ha ha haaa.... but I will pass on any romantic leads your way! The ladies around here love a man in camo :)

Are you bursting my bubble about Fantasyland? There is not a pub run every morning before work? I feel like I will be abolished from the state of Texas if I do not run a PR at the 3M. Of course, I would be beating the inaugural record that I will be setting this Sat. I will run real, real slow so I have something to celebrate with the Austinites!

Lulu said...

Don't listen to Brownie - he's just jealous he doesn't live in Austin anymore!!

Austin is like fantasyland - and we do drink heavily when we run. That is what makes us so fast!

Good luck with your half!

brownie said...

I am certainly missing Austin more and more as the temps drop up here!

Favorite Austin workout - tons of Hill of Life repeats followed by half price pitchers at Deep Eddy's!

And just what is wrong with the Pitt Panthers? Looks like you won't be getting an invite to the huge party when we win the hoops title this year.

Tiffany said...

Awwww Brownie- I was just kidding... my team is the reigning 2-time champion of the NIT... I have nothing to brag about. Although- I am a Louisville basketball fan and proudly display my '86 NCAA championship ball in my living- signed by the entire team and good ole' Denny Crum. I am a basketball FANAAAAAATIC!!

Thanks for the heads up, Lulu... your blog cracked me up this morning while I was delayed at the damn airport.

OK, this comment is getting really long... longer than most people's blogs.

I will be ready to drink a few in Austin in January... as long as I make it to my sales call the next morning at the ballet :)

Lulu said...

I'm sure you won't have a problem finding folks to drink beer (or run) with in January! But watch out.... it might be cold.... or 80 degrees out :)