Monday, December 04, 2006

Hay yall- It don't git much better thun this!

Uhhh yeah. I am in Minneapolis. NOT the place you want to be in December. And to make matters even better, I go to Milwaukee tomorrow. Milwaukee... as in Wisconsin. Trading up? Not exactly. It is 9 degrees here. That's farenheit, folks. This poor southern gal is freezing her ass off- at least I am having a good hair day to mask my frozen over ass.

Well... one thing is for sure... people that live in really cold weather have nothing to do besides drink. Luckily, I am meeting up with a pledge sister from my sorority (aka wreckless drinking) days that lives here. She is southern too so we can freeze together- and drink wine!!

Just checked into the hotel and am deciding my workout attack. It is too cold to run outside (plus Minneapolis does not seem like the best place to be running outside). My hotel has a fitness "suite" which is code for a hotel room with a bunch of gym equipment crammed in. They also have some arrangement with the gym across the street (for a mere $11/day which might actually include tomorrow morning too) which is the REAL deal- machines, classes, etc. Basically, a dream come true for me.

Truth be told, I secretly LOVE aerobic and step classes. I usually line up in the 2nd or 3rd row to let the 4'8" gals see themselves in the mirror- I am a towering 5'11" and would eclipse the entire studio. I would do aerobics every day if I could. Just a fact.

OK, enough blogging. I did my work today- woke up at 5 AM, took 2 flights to get here, did an hour long sales call, and I am off...

Oh yeah- the life of a traveling diva :) Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

8 comments:

brownie said...

What are the dates you'll be in Colorado Springs? We're the center of all things cool in the universe, so they'll be pleanty to do. See if you can get me free passes to the zoo!

Tiffany said...

I will be in CO Springs Dec 16-20 (I am coming out that Saturday beforehand to get some sights in)

I can def score passes to the zoo- but will charge you double. Fair?

brownie said...

There is a Pikes Peak hash on the 16th at 2PM. Can you make it?

Tiffany said...

Brown-now-now-nownie... I am gonna play dumb for a second... what is hashing? If it involves alcohol- I think I could make it! I am booking my flight tonight...

I also am making an assumption that running is involved- are yall running sub-6 miles or something? If so, I will cheer from the sidelines with my cocktail in hand. And yes, I might even put an umbrella on the side.

PlaysByEar said...

Minneapolis is a great running town! Go check out the chain of lakes, it's great. I used to run there year round. Of course, I was hardcore back then.

Anonymous said...

Hashing = running+beer.

Wait. Hashing = beer+running.

Wait ... Hashing = ah, you get the point.

It's sub 6-miles unless your name is Bloody Z (long story, don't ask).

Brownie is gay.

brownie said...

Shoot me an e-mail at jteisher@yahoo.com with details of your flight and I'll let you know all the cool happenings in the Springs. Please erase this post after you copy my e-mail as I don't want all your sorority friends bugging me!

The Colorado hash is one of the more athletic hashes out there, but about 98% of them wouldn't even dream about running a 10K, let alone a half marathon. Despite all the shit talking, it's ridiculuosly non-competitive. And judging by the hare for the next P2H4, you can carry that cocktail along on trail.

Anonymous said...

Come along to the Pikes Peak Hash, you'll have fun. Totally none competitive. Brownie will probably hit on you but remember, he is gay!