Sunday, December 10, 2006

Oh my heavens- the soreness, the pain...

Uh OK. Running a half marathon was SUPER FUN. Now I cannot even walk. Yesterday's remedy was to drink a couple beers, pop a few ibuprofen, and nap it off. Now I feel like someone shot my legs. Took a gun and shot them. No camo required as I was moving at a snail's pace yesterday too.

I am feeling like it not really acceptable to be drinking beer on a Sunday morning?? I think I am currently within the window of holy time.

So today I am supposed to be baking Christmas cookies with the gals for a cookie exchange Monday night before my flight to LA. Let me tell you how it normally works...

We all meet for the exchange- usually around 20 girls. And 20 bottles of wine.
Everyone brings around 6-7 dozen cookies.
You trade cookies, taking 3 or 4 of the ones that everyone else made- the whole point being that you end up with an assortment.
  • Inevitably, at least two of the gals burn the hell out of their cookies. They are black and crispy and no one likes them. Then everyone talks shit about you for the entire year and you have only the next yearly exchange to redeem yourself.
  • At least a few ladies make the SAME cookie and feel like they are competing against the other (similar to how you feel when someone shows up at a party in the same evening gown)- this is a huge issue. I happened to make the same hershey kiss cookie as someone else last year and it was pretty brutal competition.
  • Every year, a couple gals get so drunk- they can't pass the tins of cookies without dropping some/all of them on the floor. I happen to find this funny although my cookies have never been dropped.

On another note- my travel schedule is showing no signs of letting up. This week- Los Angeles. Next week- Colorado Springs. Week off for Xmas and New Year. Fire it back up January 2 with MN and WI (again), then DC and VA, Philly, Austin and Houston.... hoping to make it over to China or Australia in the spring for some vacaaaaation which sounds so nice right now.

Happy Sunday (aka Tiffany Blog Day)

2 comments:

brownie said...

Imagine how sore you're gonna be when you do a full marathon!

Tiffany said...

Totally. Good point, Brownie! I feel like such a wimp for even complaining... I will hush up and suck it up! :)

I did get out today and hit a couple balls at the driving range. It felt good to loosen up a bit and get out there and enjoy the nice 70 degree weather (after the freak o' nature 20 degree weather for my race) and try out my new pitching wedge.

Wooohooooooo