Friday, November 24, 2006

Turkey Trot.... and the beer truck...

Ahoy fellow runners! Hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving... I sure did.

Good news first. I ran a personal best yesterday- 28:18- 12 seconds better than my Race for the Cure time.

I will admit, I am a little thrown off with running a race on Thursday instead of Saturday- I kept thinking I had THREE weeks til the Kiawah Half when in fact, I only have 2 weeks and a day now. No worries. The beer truck was in full swing. I planned on running the race and heading home to get ready for my family Thanksgiving at my parents.

Plan derailed.

I end up running into many people I work with, old sorority sisters from college, random acquaintances I have met over the years. Ironically, I see all of these people in front of the beer truck. It is almost like the stars, moon, and sun were aligned... just for me! One of my friends was even at the race with 18 of her family members, all wearing "Team Beer Truck" matching T-shirts.

Long story short- we shut the place down. I was singing Christmas carols with a group of folks, including a dude drinking out the beer stein he won for winning his age group. See.... we ARE legit.


It was close to 1 PM when the cops finally shooed us off the property (the race had started at 9 AM and it was a 5K- do the math) and I find myself wobbling down the street in downtown Charleston (maybe this is why it is called a Gobble Wobble) hoping to grab a Starbucks coffee to sober myself up. I finally make it to family thanksgiving in the best of spirits. A couple pieces of turkey, a handful of tylenol, and I officially crashed at 5:00 PM.

Tomorrow? I have another 5K followed by a 7 mile cooldown.... 15 days til KIAWAH!!

Love and all that jazz-
Tiff

1 comment:

brownie said...

Beer trucks rock!