Sunday, November 19, 2006

Back in the US of A... and I'm still running...

Whilst I did not run 4x like I vowed to do while in Europe (I only managed to get 3 good runs in although the routes through Hyde Park and by Buckingham were lovely), I did really focus on working my right bicep muscle lifting pints of Grolsch to my mouth on a daily basis. Tsk tsk, Tiff!! I got home late last night- totally zonked out from the time change. Hence, I gave myself yesterday off from running and woke up early this morning to go. And by early, I mean 2 AM (7 AM UK time)

Well... today I punished myself. I ran the bridge today. The Cooper River Bridge. Our beautiful new suspension bridge. http://www.cooperriverbridge.org/ I went 9 miles.... a haaaaard 9 miles.... I live below sea level. There is a reason why I signed up for the Kiawah Half Marathon. It is FLAT. See, the hard part about running the Cooper River Bridge (or any bridge for that matter) is that you are either running up or down. There is no middle ground. The bridge spans 6 miles. That means a lot of uphilling running. Now I know why I save my bridge runs for times when I feel I need punishment. Alas, I am still alive. Hurray!

And for good measure- let me just say how much of a genius that I am in the kitchen. I made grilled lemon and pepper chicken over a salad tonight. For dessert, a pumpkin smoothie.

Tiffany's Pumpkin Smoothie

Ingredients
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon sweetner (I use Splenda)
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Blend in a blender with ice. Throw a little Cool Whip on top to garnish.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

brownie said...

I swear I saw a guy with a Cooper River Bridge hat on at a race on Saturday. I used to run across the Ben Franklin bridge in Philly all the time when I lived in PA, gotta find your hills wherever you can.

I own two GPS units, the Forerunner and the Gecko. I rarely use either, especially when running. Trail bums don't worry about distance and splits and such like you road wanks, it's more about total time moving forward.

brownie said...

And by the way, your pumpkin smoothie would taste a lot better with booze in it!

Tiffany said...

Ahhhh.... The Cooper River Bridge Run. I am gonna kick the crap out of that thing this year and tie up the score.

This is what the score looks like now:

Bridge-1, Tiff-0

Booze in the smoothie? Good idea. Popping the cork off the Woodford Reserve right now.