Thursday, November 09, 2006

Cheeri-o! Tiff is off to England....

Heading out tomorrow to England and France for a work trip. Yes, I have the coolestestest job in the whole world. Don't be jealous if your job sucks :)

After trips to Chicago and Atlanta this week, I am finally home for 10 hours to sleep and get ready. I also need to get my long run in tomorrow morning before flying out- 8 miles for those counting.

YAHOOOOOO

Time for a few random thoughts:

Ever tried those Quaker's Smores granola bars? OH MY GAWWW... they are so good. I think I ate like 48 of them tonight which I am chalking up to be fuel for tomorrow's run.

I pulled out a business suit from my closet tonight to pack. While trying it on to see if my butt will fit into it (thank you to the running gods for making my butt smaller- it fits!) I noticed the salesclerk LEFT THE SECURITY TAG THINGY on it. What a pain. I have to take it to the store tomorrow so it can be removed. And of course... I have thrown the receipt away- I bought it last year. Wonder if the suit will still fit after the granola bars settle in.... interesting thought.

Chickfila diet lemonade was sent to Earth directly from the gods above.

Britney and K Fed were never meant to be. Kinda like me ever winning a race. Some things just will never happen.

Ever notice the overall theme of cooking shows changes throughout the year? We start the year off on Food Network with New Year's Resolutions, everyone eat HEALTHY!!! That takes us through the summer months with a little hiatus from healthy for Labor Day, 4th of July, and Memorial Day (might have mixed those up- I always remembered Memorial Day comes first because it is the opposite of the alphabet- random Tiffany fact) and then come Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas- the cooking shows get DOWNRIGHT raunchy- health-consciousness is kicked to the wayside for full fat dishes and butter-laden biscuits (can you tell I am watching Paula Deen right now?) Just an observation....

I am starting to realize how long the list of things I need to do tomorrow before leaving really is. I am the world's biggest procrastinator... but it always gets done!!!

Cheers!

Tiff E.

2 comments:

JohnF said...

I once had a business trip to France. It was back in the old days when we could take more than 3oz of liquid on the plane. I discovered that I could get the half-sized bottles of good wine for $3 at the grocery store. This was the perfect size if I didn't want to open a whole bottle just to have a glass or three with dinner. So I stuffed 16 bottles in my carry-on. I made it through 3 flights from Toulouse to Paris to Chicago to Dallas. Then on the final flight to Austin, they said my carry-on was just a little too big since it didn't fit in the size thingy so they checked it. When I was waiting at baggage claim, I could smell the wine before I bag came down. I only lost two bottles, but I am sure someone must have been pissed because my broken wine bottles must have soaked someone else's bag with red wine.

Tiffany said...

I could stop laughing when I read this. I was waiting at bag claim the other day and I heard a lady scream. She saw a bag come off the belt that had been taped together with clear packing tape. She thought it might be hers but wondered, "What the hell happened?!?" as it had been in one piece when she checked it. She finally confirmed it was her bag by her underwear sticking out the side.

Horrible.

Ironically, I am headed to the store today to buy new luggage :)