Saturday, September 23, 2006

Back again- running update

Hello readers! I know I have been absent lately from my running blogisms.... I have actually been running. Imagine that! Truthfully, I have been kickin' butt with my training and could not be happier. I shaved almost 3 minutes off my 5K time in a race this morning (finished in 30:30) and it was HOT in the blazing sun. I am hoping to run sub-30 in the Race for the Cure in a couple weeks. I am captaining a team of about 20 folks so it should be a great race! :)

I have been traveling like a madwoman recently for work- was in Boston, Albany, and Philly earlier this week. Of course, I included the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art into my morning run and did my best Rocky impersonation at the top. THAT kicked off the morning with a bang! Let's just hope we get some good sales out of the trip too :)

I am finally starting to feel good DURING the running process and finding it enjoyable, or at least less painful. It feels good to see definite progress! I am on the road in Tampa this week for a work conference and then heading out for a week on a cruise. I have even thought ahead about how I can play my long runs to avoid running 5,397 laps around the cruise "track" to get the miles in or resorting to a treadmill.... booooor-ing :) You know- I used to be a treadmill gal but now I am HOOKED on running outside, bonus points if I have a running partner!

BTW- drinking a MegaBeer at the PHL airport and then heading right downtown after landing to slurp down a few bourbon martinis was prob not the best pre-race prep. Inevitably, I somehow ended up flying wingman (wingwoman) for a pal and drinking champagne with her and him in his hotel room. How do I end up in these scenarios?

Well- I am off to fire up a fruit smoothie and get on with my day- at the beach. Jealous?

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hey, when you ordered the megabeer at the Philadelphia airport did they offer you a shot for just a dollar more?

Tiffany said...

As a matter of fact... she did ask if I wanted a shooter on the side. I think she took one look at my coworker and I and knew we were cruisin' for a bruisin' (as my momma would say)- and it was only 12:45 PM!

Our answer: it's 5 o'clock somewhere (or actually, 5:45).