Saturday, September 23, 2006

What NOT to do before a race...

  • Shave your legs the morning of the race- ouch! (I guess this one is for the ladies... or the men...hmmm)- it hurts almost as bad as shaving them right before you hit the beach. Damn!
  • Try out a new running outfit that you haven't "road-tested" during a training run. Body parts could be exposed, things could fall off.... use your imagination on this one...
  • Talk sh*t about how you are gonna beat me. I will then try my hardest, and possibly run to the point of needing oxygen, just to beat you. We are all there to have fun and get some exercise, right? You are still going down though.
  • Booze it up. Wait- let me be more clear. I have read studies (i.e. other people's blogs) that have shown a small amount of alcohol can actually help. Don't drink lotsa bourbon the night before, in lieu of any water.
    Here are some pics to display bad pre-race behavior...

No comments: