Friday, April 11, 2008

Checking in... and then out...

Hey everyone! Busy travel week- just got home last night from Saaaaaaaaint Louis. Rainy, windy, crappy. At least I wasn't flying American though, right? I am off to Tampa tomorrow for a work conference and then five glorious days of relaxation, deep sea fishing, and fun at President's Club in Cabo San Lucas. Woohoo! I can't wait.

Of course I am glad I did the Bridge Run this year but failed to mention I had gotten 18 stitches in my side after the dermatologist removed a piece of me for further testing. She never mentioned not doing any mid-range races so I did... and the damn stitches were pulling apart. Crap! Now I have a huge scar and some bandage on. BLAH. Always wear your sunblock, kids. The dermatologist ain't a fun place to go. You better believe I am packing in the SPF 30 and 15 for this trip. My doctor ain't playin'!

On a random note, I decided today that I wanted a cupcake. My dilemna was that I was a) too lazy to go buy one and fight the out-of-towner traffic for the Family Circle Cup and b) did not want to use the entire box of mix and can of frosting in my pantry. Normally I might make a complete batch for Craig and friends and coworkers but I am going on the road for 9 days and Craig is at a work conference in Dallas... although he just called me to tell me they were playing football right now in Texas Stadium. I was a little confused but he sounded really stoked. OK, back to the cupcakes. I put about 3/4 a cup of mix in a bowl with an egg and some unsweetened applesauce (good substitute) for oil and had enough for 4 little cupcakes. Yay! They baked up quick and I put aside a bit of frosting (I picked blue dye today) and there you have it! They should sell little packets of mix like this for people that do not want an entire batch. They probably do... but oh well. They would charge you 4x what you would pay to split up a $1.00 box. Kinda like how all those chic Cupcake boutiques around cities today charge $4.00 for ONE cupcake. Holla for my cupcakes! I would email you all one... but the frosting would get on your computers.

And while I was on that thought... what goes better with a cupcake than...(no, not milk)...some iced tea! I tell you- I could drink tea day and night. I love that stuff... only I did not make it at home. I went rummaging through my crap (some stuff unpacked from 3 1/2 years ago when I moved here) to find my iced tea machine. Then I remembered- my loser ex-BF took it!! NOooooooooooo. I improvised- I took a pot of water on the stove and threw a bunch of teabags in... and then dumped into a huge thermos with ice. Thankfully, I bought the 1000 pack of Splenda at Sam's last month so sweetener is not an option. Yaaaaaaaay. Any better ideas how to make tea?

Hope everyone is doing well- I know you are jealous I get to work this weekend :)

2 comments:

Chief Wahoo said...

Are you gonna take in a Rays game while you are in Tampa?

Jess said...

the little cupcakes sound too cute! Good idea for a way to make a few instead of making the whole batch