Friday, February 01, 2008

Does Goldilocks live in Chicago?

I was/am in Chicago for work this week... again. Only this time, it was too cold. Because of snow, wind, the position of the moon and stars- my flight got cancelled. Typical! Luckily, I get to spend some more quality time in the Sheraton downtown. Have no fear....there is plenty of fun stuff to keep me occupied- bowling across the street, shopping, karaoke in the bar downstairs.

However, it is either too hot or too cold in Chicago. This Goldilocks is wondering if it is ever just right?

I sure hope I get home tomorrow morning!! Supposed to be 60's this weekend back in Chucktown- holla!!!

Oh yeah- and something crazy happened on the flight up to Chicago earlier this week... our airplane got struck by lightning. CRAZY!! First time it has happened to me in over 600,000 miles of air travel. In case you are wondering what it is like, it sounds like a really loud cracking boom and then you see light all around the plane and coming through cockpit door. We had a first time flier on the plane- she seemed totally freaked out.

I thought it was kinda cool.

I am weird though.

On another happy note, I am going on the President's Club sales trip to Cabo in April for my company!! Vacation rocks. I will even have some remnants left of the tan I will get in three weeks from my cruise when I hit Cabo. WOOOHOOOO!!

7 comments:

Mendy said...

That lightening strike would've scared the crap out of me. I hate flying...

You and your vacations. Can I live variously through you?

Hope the foot is better Tiff.

Jess said...

So, that's what happens when lightning strickes a plane...

I've never known what would happen and I've always wondered. I probably would have shit myself, but at least my curiosity would have been satisfied.

Chief Wahoo said...

Hope you made it home!

The lightning sounds scary.

Gagger said...

I probably would've screamed bloody murder if that happened to my plane!

MW said...

WTF???
where's a new post?

Jamie said...

There is like 1 or 2 days in the beginning of June that it's just right in Chicago. Never had lightning hit while traveling. That sounds cool but pretty freaky!

Margo said...

I'm a bad flier as it is and I think that would have finished me off!!