Friday, January 25, 2008

Doctor visit recap

On a good note, the foot doctor told me that I have nicely shaped feet with a beautiful curvy arch. Just beautiful... those feet.

On a bad note, we did an ultrasound on my foot...and...well...it is not pregnant. But my plantar fascia is super inflamed. He said the measurement on it was nearly 3x as wide as normal plantar fascias. Fabulous. Luckily, no bone or heel spurs.

I am on a recovery plan of twice daily 2-pill doses of Nalfon for anti-inflammation (which make my stomach feel like it is ripping itself apart), a taped up foot to take the pressure off the plantar fascia, lots of stretching and stuff, and possibly sleeping with a night splint to stretch my foot while I sleep.

He said no running til I come back in two weeks for a checkup. I can, however, continue to enjoy the elliptical and bike for exercise. Awesome.

So, there ya go.

YAY.

9 comments:

David said...

Well, at least you did the smart thing and actually went to a doctor. I wonder if all the travel set you up for some injury, since the feet don't move much during the flight, certainly aren't stretched.

Get healed up soon!

Unknown said...

Whew!!! so glad your foot isn't pregnant...oh, the horrors!!!

Jess said...

That sucks that you have Poopy Foot. But at least it's not pregnant.

Chief Wahoo said...

Glad to hear you finally got that checked out!

Here's to a speedy recovery!

Jamie said...

At least now you know what it is and can take of it. Glad you finally got it checked out! Take care of yourself and your non-pregnant foot.

Marcy said...

Bumma chica! But congrats on non motherhood :P

P.O.M. said...

Dang Nab It.

Here's to a speedy recovery!

brownie said...

He didn't tell you to ice it?

Mendy said...

Bummer. Hate to hear about your foot situation. Get well, and rest it up. You gotta a bridge run coming up. :-)