Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Greetings from Indy!

This week has taken me to Boston and now Indianapolis. I have decided to stop stressing about the half marathon next weekend and just sit it out. Yes, I lose my $60 registration fee but I really don't care. I actually leave that day to go on a cruise so I am not TOO upset. Of course, part of me is still wavering and thinking I could just walk/run the damn thing and take 6 years to finish. I think I have pretty much made up my mind.

I hit the workout room this afternoon- did 3 miles on the treadmill and 15 minutes on elliptical with some weights afterwards. I think I am gonna just stick with shorter runs and enjoy that before starting to train again. It is clear my heart and foot were not really into jumping back into half marathon training after Chicago. And that is OK!

In my personal life, things could NOT be better. Not really wanting to post anything about that right now... maybe I am scared to jinx it? Ha ha!! I cannot stop smiling!

Hope everyone is doing well... I have been slack on reading blogs recently. I did catch that a bunch of you are doing the PF Changs half in Phoenix in January. Sounds like fun! Doesn't look like it is in the cards for me though... I can't wait to track everyone online!

Phew... 11 days til I leave for the wonderfully fabulous waters of the Caribbean....

6 comments:

Jess said...

What stops does your cruise make?

Jamie said...

a cruise - I am so jealous!

I think you made the right decision for the half marathon. Take care of that foot!

Margo said...

How fun! I haven't been able to jump on any half or full bandwagon after Chicago either. Enjoy the cruise and all the other good stuff going with you! :)

Marcy said...

Hmmmm . . .cruise or HM? I'd take a cruise over an HM anyday!

Mendy said...

You SOOO suck - Cruise? Come on Tiff, pack me in your bags?

Seriously, couldn't be any happier for you on the personal life front!!! Too bad we couldn't talk you into PF Changs, but I do understand.

You're still doing MB, right? David and I need to sign up for the Half - if the full isn't in the cards, do the half with us!

Have a blast on the cruise and glad to see you back!!!

Oh BTW, how 'bout them tigers?? :-)

Chief Wahoo said...

Running should be fun! Your plan to concentrate on shorter runs and enjoying them sounds great!

Glad to hear things are going well for you!