Saturday, October 06, 2007

Marathon Eve...

Here I sit... calm, collected, starting to realize I will be running the marathon in about 11 hours. What a long, strange trip it's been! :)

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for your encouragement, support, and positive thoughts. There were definitely times I wanted to throw in the towel (20 mile runs alone?) and just reading others' experiences and thoughts really helped me through it.

My bib number is 17036- I will be running slllloooowwwwww.... my only real goal is to finish the race in one piece. After my return to running 18 months ago, I only wanted to be able to run our local 10K- the Cooper River Bridge Run. And now I am doing 20 more miles and running the Chicago Marathon. Dammmn- it feels good.

Well, here we go. If I ain't ready by now, I'm never gonna be ready.

Also, BEST OF LUCK to everyone else in BlogLand that is running tomorrow... I know you all have logged many miles and some are you are shooting for your ticket to Boston. Kick butt!

Let's do this!

3 comments:

Mendy said...

Tiff!!! Yeah!!!! I'm so very happy for you. You're gonna do great! Have fun, and enjoy it, and stay pain-free!!!

You've done so well with your training and you're going to do awesome!!!!

Marcy said...

GOOD LUCK TIFF!!!! Have a blast!!! ;D ;D

Unknown said...

Good Luck!!! Don't forget to smile for the cameras;)