Monday, October 15, 2007

Doing great!

I have felt wonderful the last week. Ironically, I have not run at all... mostly because I have not been able to wear any type of shoe besides a flip flop or slide due to my enormous blood blister on the back of my foot... and running barefoot just ain't my thang.

I have traveled about 13,000 miles in the air since my breakup with the Chicago Marathon, drank a lot of bourbon and beer, smoked some cigars, and finally got over it. I decided to rev up my training slowly again with a couple 5Ks, 10Ks, a 10 miler, and half marathon this fall...and run a marathon in February. That is the right decision for me right now... cause I love racing!

And you know what?

I am going running tomorrow morning and I can't wait.

8 comments:

Marcy said...

Awesome Tiff!!! Looks like you've got a good plan ;D

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Yes what a plan...13,000 miles, are you on the space shuttle girl? Whatever do you do for a job, you must be a pilot...

Good luck on your run...

Tiffany said...

Not quite a pilot... I am a sales engineer for a software company :)

Anonymous said...

So ... what marathon are you running in February?

Jess said...

There's nothing that beer and bourbon can't cure!

Jamie said...

Okay that is a crazy amount of air miles in like what a week?!? I thought I traveled a lot! And I like the plan of beer and bourbon...

Sounds like a great running plan! What marathon are you thinking about in Feb?

Tiffany said...

Looks like the Myrtle Beach Marathon in February....

13,000 miles in two weeks might be a new record for me :)

Mendy said...

Sweet!!!!!

Tiff, yah! We're gonna have a blast at MB Marathon (although, I'll just do the half). I can't wait!

Time for training to start next month!!!!!

That's a whole lotta miles you got there. You're a traveling queen.