Sunday, September 30, 2007

Suddenly it hit me!

OK, I have been to like 496 weddings over the past year. I have bought $125 blenders for my friends, quesadilla makers they will NEVER use, and other assorted crap.

I finally caved today. I have been using my ghetto toaster from my college days and lately it has had a few problems:

  • The sensor is broken, meaning it does not know when it has reached the end of toasting and sometimes catches on fire if I forget about it. This sucks, by the way. Several times it has caught on fire and the place fills with smoke, alarms go off, etc. Yuck.
  • The bread only toasts on ONE side in each slot so I have to flip it
  • Sometimes it randomly sparks at me, for no reason

NO more!

I am buying myself a toaster. A pretty stainless steel one to match all of my other kitchen appliances, frig, oven, dishwasher, etc. Yeaaaaaaaaaah. That is what I am doing.

My kitchen is ready!

Let’s just hope I am still friends with all those bee-yotches when I get married. I have my eye on that candy apple red standing mixer at Bed Bath & Beyond.

6 comments:

Marcy said...

Any excuse to burn plastic, is what I say ;-)

Jess said...

Oh! I love all the new colors that are available for small appliances -- I want a red one too! I know what ya mean about buying all those dang wedding presents. We mostly give a card with money -- I'm not big on shopping for them. If I'm gonna buy cool stuff, it's gonna be for myself!

Iron Jayhawk said...

I have kitchen envy.

Jess said...

Tiffany: I don't plan on wearing a hydration belt -- mostly b/c I hate wearing mine and avoid it at most costs. But if you are comfortable with yours and you think you'll be more prepared with it, wear it.

David said...

You could always fake your own wedding at some secluded location that "unfortunately" nobody can come to (like on Bali, or something), and then just rake in the gifts. When the question comes up, tell friends that he split on the honeymoon to live with the bell boy.

Mendy said...

I love the red appliances too, but just would look so awful in our kitchen. We're plain folks... Love the look of your kitchen!