Saturday, September 08, 2007

An easy (hot) 10 this morning!

So, my training plan called for only 10 miles this morning... my last stepback week before next week's 20 miler and then taper.

The worst part of this week? I have to run 20 miles BY MYSELF. My running partners are doing it Saturday morning and I am in a wedding that day so I know I will be boozing it up Thursday night at the bachelorette party, Friday at the rehearsal, and Sat for the festivities.

So... I am running it Thursday morning. Before work.

What?

Yeah.

Sigh.

This week is nuts. I fly to Los Angeles tomorrow afternoon for 2 days, then to DC on Tuesday evening, then back to Charleston Wednesday night.

Get home at 11 PM Wednesday night.

Run 20 miles in the morning.

3 days of debauchery.

And work.

Damn.

Oh yeah... on another interesting note. I have received flowers from guys I have been dating/seeing twice in the last two months. Immediately after I receive the flowers, the "relationship" goes to sh*t. Next time the florist calls me with a delivery, I am giving a false address. Seriously.

Hell yeah- the Gamecocks are actually beating Georgia in the 3rd quarter- I am opening a bottle of wine.

Another reason to celebrate? Michigan SUCKS.

5 comments:

Marcy said...

Yikes!! A 20 miler by yourself? You better bring a magazine, a portable tv, and some music to get you through :P You can DO IT chica!!

Awesome job with the 10 too ;D

Jess said...

20 miles by yourself after such a busy week and with work ahead of you? Do you own a cape? Because you must be a superhero!

Unknown said...

Just make a really good playlist for the IPod and you'll be fine. Oh and some water & gu;)

Jamie said...

I found your blog through the CM website and really enjoy it! Good luck with the next 20 mile run. I too have to run 20 by myself next weekend so I feel your pain!!! i-pod, gatorade, and gu will be your friends for the duration.

Tiffany said...

Ipod, GU, bourbon, water.... which ones does not fit?

Thanks for the pep talk, girlies :)