Sunday, June 03, 2007

Stormy Day = Dreadmill Workout

Murphy's Law dictated my workout today. I prepped to go run outside twice this morning- only to be met with pouring rain and heavy winds due to the recent tropical storm. I finally gave in around noon and headed out to run a few errands. As luck would have it, it psuedo-cleared up, was only around 72 degrees with a nice breeze. I should've gone then! But... I could not miss the sale at the mall and not get a new pair of cute black wedge sandals!

So... I headed into work this evening to get some work done before my early morning flight to Chicago and packed my workout clothes to hit the work gym. It was hot and steamy outside (around 79 and sticky) so I resorted to a 2.5 mile tempo run on the dreadmill, 10 minutes on the elliptical, and 10 minutes on the rowing machine- finishing up with abs. The good part was that I could watch the Yankees/Red Sox game while I worked out and pump up the radio in the gym.

I am now following the 18 week Hal Higdon training program for Chicago and realized I have to actually decrease my mileage to start Week 1. Kinda funny, eh?

Well, I have thoroughly enjoyed my one day at home this week and it was such a nice treat to sleep in my own bed last night. Of course, I had my usual panic attack in the middle of the night- waking up in a cold sweat and having no idea where I was. It was awesome! The house phone next to my head rang super early this morning and I would have originally let it go right to the answering machine. But NO- I planned on picking it up and cussing out the person on the other line. Turns out it was a nice lady from Leukemia and Lymphoma Society looking to mail me some package or something that I am supposed to use to solicit money from my neighbors. I said I would do it to get her off the phone but now wonder what I committed myself to... oh well... it is for a good cause!

Happy trails to all!

3 comments:

Mendy said...

Let's see - Shop or Run, Shop or Run - Yeah, think I would've chosen Shop. Plus LOVE shopping Chucktown! That's great about having to trim down your long runs for Hal's program. I like his program too. I need to view it again. Gosh - I hate the dreadmill, but like you - will do it if I have to. Good for you! Have a nice trip to Chicago!

Tiffany said...

I am addicted. I went into Ann Taylor Loft tonight in Chicago and opened up a can of woop ass with my American Express. I need help NOW!!!!!!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO! Shopping or running? Which one to choose? Which one to choose? LOL I can't say that I blame you! I probably would've done the same thing!