Monday, June 11, 2007

Hills??!?! In Central Park?!?! No way...

Damn, I feel great. I got into New York a little earlier than expected today after my fun visit to the dentist this morning to "repair" my crown. And by repair I mean he threw some crap on it and I don't come back til July 16th to get the temporary one put on again- and then 3 more weeks til I get my new permanent one. Why did I not just brush my teeth when I was 6 years old?!? Brush your teeth, kids. That is Tiff's advice for today.

OK, I am way off track. Totally awesome run in Central Park- I did 6.5 miles, had some fantastic scenery, and then came back to the hotel (one block away from the park- score!) for some abs and upper body strength training. I realized I was totally dehydrated and have since drank about 100 oz of water and I'm still going.

Yes, I feel good.

7 comments:

JohnF said...

Those hills were even more of a supprise when you're not expecting them at the end of the NYC marathon.

Chief Wahoo said...

YOUR ROCK! Nice work on the run!

David said...

That is some beautiful artwork! One day I would like to run around in Central Park, but for now I will live vicariously through people like you (and the cast of Friends...LOL). Have fun and be safe so you can return back to greatest state.

Thanks for the great comments on my blog, too!

Mendy said...

Ahhhh crap!... I had a reply written and hit a stupid button on the laptop and it erased. What was I saying?

Oh yea- hills - I have a love/hate relationship with them.

Me - motivation? Ehh... Thanks a ton! But, you are motivating! You're traveling all this much and still focused on your training. that's tough! But, I suppose running in the Park in NYC, isn't so bad, ehhh. I'll be up there at the end of Aug and will be doing my first 20 miler there. I'm excited!

Great job on that run!!

MW said...

Hills... hahaha. I love hills.

What part of "You need to have a water bottle strapped to your hand all day" have you not been told yet? what's wrong with you?

Marcy said...

Awesome job on that run!!!! ;D

Tiffany said...

WOw. I love yall.