Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Boston Rocks!

Did a quick 4 miles along the Charles River with my boss this morn (he is also training for Boston). I say "quick" because lately I have been running all the miles around a 10:30/11 minute mile pace... and today we picked up the pace a bit and ran a 9:15/9:30 pace, capping off the last quarter mile at full sprint. It felt good to run a little faster as I have been not-so-concerned with my speed after starting Chicago training. Hmmm....variety is the spice of life!

You ladies will appreciate this... or even some of the guys ;)....

I went TOTALLY NUTS at Macy's last night! I spent several bills on new dresses, shirts, skirts, etc. Great deals too! I got a new LBD (little black dress duh) dress for my wedding in KY this weekend which I am totally pumped about. I felt like a kid in a candy store and for some crazy reason... everything I tried on fit and actually looked good! I wasn't even drunk!!! So, I am going back tonight for more and my boss is going with me to get some new suits. Sales are awesome!

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

David said...

When I read you got a black dress for your wedding in KY this weekend, I thought for a second it was YOUR wedding, and then wondered about the dress color. I thought, "Wow, she must have been really naughty..." Then I duh'd myself.

Way to pick up the pace and push yourself. After that kind of workout, you were required to go shopping, by international law.

Chief Wahoo said...

Nice job on the run! It feels great to push like that doesn't it!

I really like the sprint at the end. I always try and save something to step up the pace for the last 1/4 mile - regardless of how long the run is - it just makes me feel better to finish strong, rather than finish draggin' my ass!

Keep up the GOOD WORK!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO A girl never needs to be drunk to spend some dough shopping . . .I think that's a buzz in itself hehe ;D