Thursday, May 10, 2007

Welcome to the Windy City!



In Chicago for the next 8 days for work.... and I am really looking forward to it! I flew in this morning on an early morning nonstop, got into my beautiful hotel early, and am gearing up now to hit the 1:00 PM Cubs game with one of my favorite clients. Baseball, beer, and a hot dog in Wrigley is a fine plan! The weather is absolutely gorgeous.

My appetite for blogging has been pretty lackluster lately. I have been working a lot and trying to concentrate on selling my condo and buying a new house. I feel like my life and schedule are in a blender right now :)

I replaced my running shoes (for which this blog is named... actually I am on my third pair now since starting this blog) and they are the same model as my old ones. I admit I am a creature of habit. Friday will be my first run with them- yipppeee!!! I get to kick off my 20 weeks of Chicago training right here... in Chicago!

You may notice my blog looks different, perhaps because this blog is being written on my brand new shiny beautiful Dell laptop. It is soooooo pretty!!! Good riddance, IBM T43!! OK, my blog probably looks exactly the same- but I can tell.

Hmmm... what else? The alligator that lives in our pond at the office (we had previously nicknamed him Eric) had babies! There are now 3 baby gators out there and they are adorable. I guess Eric was really an Erica.

Happy trails to all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're back! I was starting to think we needed to sing you the cricket song.

Yay on training! Yay on new house! No, you're not busy;)

ShoreTurtle said...

Maybe you can scout out the marathon course while you're there.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure it will be here sooner than we think.