Friday, April 20, 2007

Flashbacks

I remember when I was super motivated to run this week. Looking back on my posts, that day was Tuesday of this week.

Then came my NYC trip.

I officially reclaimed my rock star status on Wednesday night. I know you all would rather hear about my running (or lack thereof the last two days) so I will just list the highlights...
  • I somehow thought it was a fabulous idea to tell anyone and everyone that it was my birthday that night. NOT a good idea. Sure I saved a lot of $$ because everyone bought me beers, cocktails, champagne, and shots. Yes, I mixed them all together in no logical order. Nice Tiff, nice.
  • I challenged some guy at the bar that I could wad up a napkin into a ball and shoot it into his wine glass from about 10 feet away. Lo and behold- the thing went in!! I made $20 on that bet although I felt bad because he had an entire glass of Marc Cellars pinot noir.
  • New York definitely is the city that never sleeps! The Hilton hotel bar closed at 2:00 AM but I decided to venture down the street with my crew (and roughly 794 other folks that we picked up along the way- including an 80+ year old couple from San Francisco named Bob and Barbara) and ended up staying up ALL night.
  • Memo to self: Remember to get someone else to cut my cigar for me next time
  • I added to the $20 wine jumpshot bet by winning another $125 playing Texas Hold Em

Let's do the math here

  • 0 hours sleep
  • 1 fake birthday celebrated
  • $145 richer
  • 7 hour software demo the next day

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always try to drink all types of cocktails, beer, & wine in one night. I would hate to discriminate;)

Tiffany said...

Right on girl- discrimination bad.

I also have a hard time making up my mind- do I want the champagne or the Irish Car Bomb? BOTH!!!