Thursday, April 05, 2007

Burnin' the midnight oil!

For some reason, I cannot sleep. I had a kickass workout tonight- speedwork, some fun gossiping on the elliptical with one of my gal pals, weights, rowing machine (which I am strangely addicted to)- and now I am WIDE AWAKE at 1:00 AM.

Of course I am making the most of my productive late-night evening....I am Ebay shopping, looking at my race calendar through the year 2012, and other essential activities that need to be knocked out before I hit the sack. Duh.

We did take a couple pics of Eric the Alligator today from the view from my window. They are zoomed in photos but it is still a little disturbing as Eric is only about 10 feet from the road and people run on that path all day.


Eric's Home- The Pond


Isn't Eric a total cutie?!?

Tip for the Day: If ever chased by an alligator, run zig zag.

Don't ask. Just do it.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Quick story... I was golfing several years ago in Florida. Hit my tee shot in rough near water hazard. As I approached, noticed my ball near a gator. New experience for 20 year old kid from Illinois. I asked my more experienced playing partner what to do. I was expecting free drop, or some other USGA sanctioned ruling. (that's how we roll) Instead, this wise Air Force Major tells me..."if he begins to chase you, run a zig-zag." Thank you for bringing that back. BTW, Concur (with a capital "C") on Cakebread Chardonnay. But the Bud Light has to be ice cold. Happy running! Think LBCM!

Tiffany said...

Ha ha ha... thanks for validating my zig zag method... it could save a life!

Yummmmhmmhmmmmm... Cakebread would hit the spot right now while I do my taxes :)