Monday, March 12, 2007

Wonderful run today! Love it love it love it!

I flew to DC this afternoon with my salesperson Laurie and we had some extra time on our hands. I mentioned wanting to get a run in before meeting some pals for dinner so we changed into our running clothes right after landing and hit the trails! I had planned on doing just a couple miles after totally kicking my ass Sunday doing cardio, weights, and abs... but I just felt so good today! Laurie ended up cutting out after 4.5 miles but I decided to tack on a few more... running almost 8 miles and I felt awesome.

Don't you just love those runs? The ones where you feel like you could run forever... Beautiful scenery (I mean, how can you not enjoy running by the Lincoln Memorial, White House, Vietnam Memorial, etc?) and beautiful weather... love it love it love it.

Damn, I am a lucky :)

A runner pal said the other day, "I only feel as good as my last run." I do agree with this to a certain extent because running and training are very mental for me. Today, I felt glorious and ready to kick butt on Saturday at the Flowertown 10K- my last race before the big Bridge Run.

Happy trails!

2 comments:

Mendy said...

"I only feel as good as my last run". Great quote, so right now I feel like crap. My run at lunch was tough. Oh well!

Great running atmosphere though! I would really enjoy that a lot. You can probably just check mark the miles off while just enjoying the view, and then realize you've done more miles than you thought! I love those runs. Enjoy!

brownie said...

You shoulda hashed while in DC!