Friday, March 23, 2007

Dress Rehearsal: Cooper River Bridge Run

Tomorrow morning I am meeting my running group at 7:00 AM to run the Bridge Run 10K route as a dress rehearsal for next week. I have not gotten on the bridge much lately with my travel schedule but have been the Treadmill Incline Queen and run in higher altitudes- does that count?

I am starting to feel a little frazzled. I flew into Denver last night around 11:45 PM and immediately ran to the Delta gate to see if they could get me on the 12:55 AM redeye to Atlanta. Most people would never dream of pulling a stunt like this- but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. The Delta guy told me they were oversold by 15 people but he could probably get me on with my Platinum status... meaning I would be bumping someone else off. I looked around at the people waiting in line... the families, the kids, the elderly... and thought about them being stuck in some seedy Denver airport hotel because I bumped them. PLUS, I had just gotten off a 3 hour flight from Seattle and wasn't too thrilled to be jumping on a redeye for another 3+ hour flight, 2 hour layover, and then a puddle jumper to Charleston.

So... I grabbed my bag and a cab... checked into my room at the Adam's Mark downtown... and was grateful for what I do have. I am starting to feel like I have a cold or a sinus infection or something- I am feeling and sounding very nasal-y and I have a bunch of gunk that I am blowing out of my nose (I am sure my adoring readers wanted to know that)- probably a nice byproduct of spending every night this week on an airplane.

Reflections... are so nice...

Back to reality. I get home tonight at 12 midnight. Need to do laundry.... up at 6:00 AM to run 7 miles or so... back home to pack, eat, shower... and back to the airport for a 2:00 PM flight to Dallas. I am hitting Dallas, Boston, Portland (Maine), and NYC this week.

Let's just hope there are no flight delays :)

No comments: