Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday Run... 5 weeks til the Bridge Run!

Got out and did 6.5 miles today around the neighborhood. Tons of people out enjoying the 68 degree weather and saw quite a few runners too... hurray! They have made it out of hibernation for the winter :) I love getting outside on a beautiful day- it was even warm enough to lay out by the pool afterwards with a cold one. I am trying to remain remotely sober before going to the symphony tonight as last time I showed up pretty drunk after racing go carts all day, kicking ass at skeet ball, and hanging out by the beer truck at the company picnic. You just can't hide class.

We have 5 weeks til the big Bridge Run here in Charleston and I am so excited! Not only is it our big 10K race... but also one of the biggest part-tay weekends here. I will be flying back from NYC the night before the race so this gives me a good reason to not be out all night and then waking up to run in a hungover stupor (as IF this has ever happened, right?!?) I am going for a sub-hour race goal and am planning on doing some fun hill set training on our good ole' bridge to prep. I also need to practice my race faces and poses for the camera. They always take a lot of photos and I would prefer to not look like a total freak show :)

Happy running to everyone out there!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl, I put on lipstick for my race...I'm no photo op dummy! I also had friends calling me sexy and beautiful...not too concerned with the honesty thing during a race;)

Tiffany said...

You are too cute... lipstick! With my luck, I would misjudge the outlines of my lips and end up looking like a clown... hence why I usually just stick with lipgloss when I have had a couple cocktails... less room for error :)

OMG have you used that Bath & Body Works tinted peppermint scented and flavored lipgloss? It is the BOMB!