Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday morning run with my marathon relay team!

Damn, it is nice to be home. I have not spent a weekend in Charleston since the middle of January so I figured it was high time to gather the troops and do a group run with my relay team. We are just a week away from the Myrtle Beach Marathon Relay next Saturday and I wanted to make sure everyone had met and was as excited as I am!

This morning was picture perfect running weather... 50's, sunny, blue skies. I had originally sent my Outlook meeting request to the girls (yes, we are computer nerds) for 8 AM and then re-thought it and sent an update for 10 AM.

8 miles this morning with the girls- started downtown at my friend's Edi house, ran by the water on East Bay Street (saw the debarkation of a cruise ship that just came into town....weird to see cruise ships in Charleston), and ran to the top of the Cooper River Bridge and back. Lots of folks out enjoying the beautiful weather!

I have decided that I am going to concentrate on training for the Cooper River Bridge Run after Myrtle Beach but still keep my mileage up to train for the KY Derby Festival Half on April 28. And from that point forward... it is ALL ABOUT CHICAGO, baby!!!

No comments: