Monday, February 12, 2007

One Day Down, The Rest of My Life to Go!

Today was a great day. I have implemented some new changes into my life- for the good. Mostly it includes switching up my diet a little bit thanks to my personal dietitian who also doubles as my mom. After getting to the 30 lb loss mark, I was not seeing any progress. Not losing, not gaining... just staying the same. I started to get mad. I mean, I am running a ton. Why is it not working? I kept a food journal for a week with what I ate and the times I ate. She concluded I was not eating enough protein, I was not eating enough breakfast, not eating frequently enough, and I was eating dinner too late (8:00 PM or so) when getting back from night runs. Throw in the hectic travel schedule, time changes, and cases of beer I have consumed recently and I am pretty much completely off track.

I started to think about this… I seemed to be dropping weight easier when working out in the mornings… hmm… interesting. Makes sense based on her feedback because I would eat a larger breakfast after working out and eat less as the day wore on. Inevitably, I will be switching to morning workouts again during the week as the weather turns warmer. Being a total masochist, I will be hitting peak marathon training for Chicago in the dead of hot and humid summer here in Charleston. Hurray!

Game plan- eat more breakfast, eat more protein, more frequent and smaller meals throughout the day, drink less alcohol, run faster.

OK, break!

4 comments:

Gagger said...

Drink less alcohol??!!??!?!

Catwoman said...

I dispute the eating late thing. Losing weight is a balance between calories we take in and calories we burn off. It doesn't matter what time of day you eat them. To put this in persective, most Europeans eat dinner late (I rarely eat before 8pm) and there is far less of an obesity problem there then in the US where people tend to eat dinner at 5/6pm. The reason is Europeans generally eat much smaller portions and are more inclined to walk palces rather then drive everywhere.

If I can recommend one book which should be any woman's bible, it is "Why French women don't get fat". Everything in moderation is OK, including alcohol.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Tiffany said...

I think you could argue any way you wanted :) I am just trying a new approach to see what happens!

I decided to take a new approach- drink a beer every hour all day.

24 hours a day!

Kirk said...

It's not how much you drink, but what you drink. Remember quality, not quantity; Drink more homebrew!!