Monday, February 12, 2007

My Running Check Up

Today I did some thinking about my running and where I stand right now... I have done two half marathons in the last two months (my first two ever!) and I am running the final 11.2 mile leg of the Myrtle Beach Relay Marathon this Saturday. After that, I stand at a bit of a crossroads. Of course, I will run the Cooper River Bridge Run 10K on March 31st... my homecoming to running race. I also want to run the KY Derby Festival half marathon in April as my family in KY has already formed my cheering team. Other than that, I haven't committed to anything else besides the Chicago Marathon in October. THE Chicago Marathon. My marathon. My first full marathon!

I will admit, reading others' blogs about marathoning makes me want to run one sooner... although I must learn marathons take time. They take patience. They take hard work. It is not necessarily a race to the start. It is a journey which I know I need to take in my own time to get there.

I am so excited about running Chicago. I am amazed how much support I have received from friends and family members about my decision to run. After signing up for it, it felt real. I knew I was locked in...no turning back! I think it is pretty cool how I get email updates from the marathon with info and other motivation bits. I especially liked this part-

Over the course of the next 8 months, runners just like you will also be inspired to register for the race, making the same devout commitment you did to train for and complete the 26.2-mile challenge. Between now and race morning, each of the 45,000 participants who sign on for The LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon is likely to question his or her abilities, rethink the commitment and experience extreme physical and emotional challenges.

Wow... I can't wait! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad your back...the blogging world has been a little quiet. Granted the majority of us are in taper madness. I'm starting to get on my own nerves;)

Tiffany said...

Awwww... thanks, Katie! Yes, I have been in and out of blog land... things have been pretty c-c-crazy back at home... for the good! :)

How is tapering going? Looks like you found yourself a man!