Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Run TIFF Run!

Had a great run tonight with my Wednesday night running group! We had a couple more people there who missed last week due to the holidays. No one could make up their mind between running the Olde Village (flat) or the bridge so I finally blurted out "Bridge!! Bridge!!" I got a couple evil glares as I believe a few folks took the holiday season off from running and wanted an easy run. I was looking forward to getting my first bridge run of '07 in- BRING IT!!

It was nice starting from the Mount Pleasant side tonight as a change from my usual downtown starting spot. During our 7 mile run, we actually ran the first 4 miles on the same exact race course as the Cooper River Bridge Run. I usually train by running the Mt. P (steeper) side during the latter part of my training runs when I am tired. Tonight I ran it at the beginning when I was still fresh. What a difference! God, it felt so good to see the progress I have made!!!! I checked my Garmin after the first 4 miles and was well on my way to getting my sub-60 Bridge Run if I had kept going on the course (the next 2.2 miles are super flat)

The bridge was hoppin' tonight!! Lots of people out enjoying a nice night. I even ran into my good friend, Molly running the other way. Molly has signed on to do the ING Georgia Half Marathon with me in March. We are both ccccrazy... we have to be at a work conference that Sunday evening in Dallas and are stopping in Atlanta on a LAYOVER to run the half. We should have a great time (Printhethes always have a good ole' time)! Molly and I look pretty funny running together- she is about 5'1" (with heels on) and a former Georgia Tech cheerleader. Being about 5'11"- my strides are about 3 times as long as hers. Her poor husband just shattered his femur so she is looking to get out of the house more often due to his cabin fever :)

Blech- I did notice my back was tightening up when I was running back up the incline on the bridge. It has never done this before... hopefully it was just a one-time thing or it was my reaction to the gusty winds blowing towards the top of the bridge. Anybody else experience back tightening or know anything to stop it?

All in all, tonight was a pretty painless way to get a good 7 miles in- good conversation and beautiful scenery of the Charleston harbor and Atlantic Ocean in the distance. I am really liking my running group! I am also planning on running with "The Lakers" downtown on Mondays and Thursdays.

What better way to round out the evening? I met up with Jim for some beers and to discuss the details about Mountain Week '07 in Park City (mainly to talk about how much we are going to gamble and how many consecutive hours we could spend in the hot tub) and topped off the night spending the $100 gift certificate my team got me at VS...SEMI ANNUAL SALE TIME, ladies!!!

Arrivederci from Chaaaaaaaarleston :)

2 comments:

brownie said...

So the Mt. P side, with it's monstrous 4% incline, is the most feared hill in Charleston?

Tiffany said...

You should have seen the FEAR in their eyes! Ha! Brownie- You would probably break a 6 minute mile on our “incline”

Although…I think it is actually an 8% or 9% incline, according to Garmin.