Monday, January 01, 2007

HOLA 2007!!!!!!! Pura Vida... all year long...

So, I am really excited about 2007. Not that 2006 necessarily sucked, it actually was pretty damn good. I am enthusiastic to be moving on to a new year with new possibilities!!!

I got back into running last summer to achieve the following goals:

  • Get back into shape
  • Find a (healthy) way to deal with work stress
  • Meet new people
  • Set goals and achieve/exceed them

I think I have (or am on my way) to achieving all of this! I couldn’t feel better about it. Running has been my savior at times when I thought I might throw my computer (or co-workers) out the window. Thank you, Running.

However, I am officially making 2007 MY year. Here are my running resolutions:

  • Run at least 2 marathons
  • Run at least 2 trail races
  • Run at least 3 half marathons
  • Break an hour for the Cooper River Bridge Run (I could do this now!)
  • Break 26 minutes for a 5K

Professionally, I am right where I want to be. Working in Sales and traveling so much has been super tiring, yet rewarding. People always ask me how I am able to run while on the road… hasn’t really been that hard. The Garmin Geek-o-Meter and web sites like Gmap and http://www.favoriterun.com/ have been really helpful and it has really opened up my eyes to parts of cities that I would not have explored otherwise (yes, sometimes I end up in the ghetto!) Fortunately, running does not require much equipment- just a pair of shoes and some motivation- which I certainly have!

Luckily, I still get to do my favorite thing- speaking engagements about our software and nonprofit management- even though I am in Sales. After speaking at 5 conferences last year (in 3 different countries!), I was invited to speak at the prestigious AAM (Association of American Museums) Conference in April and invited to speak at a graduate program lecture series at Carnegie Mellon University in May! Aside from those, I will still be keeping my annual speaking engagements for my company on fundraising and accounting topics.

I have finally narrowed down what I want to do with my MBA. After taking the GMAT in February, I am applying to my “reach” schools (yeah- do not even ask. You will think I am c-c-c-crazy!!). As a backup plan, I can always get my MBA online through Univ. of SC at night while still working full time and traveling- and my company will pay for a big part of my MBA. If I was accepted to one of my “reach” schools- I would probably sell my house, furniture, etc. and move there for the program. But… they all have less than a 12% acceptance rate. Hence- the word “reach”!

So….. here’s to 2007! The Year of Tiff!
(at least for me… you can make it the Year of (Insert Name) as well!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! It all sounds fantastic to me.

My year is called "Steppin' Out in '07." No, i don't mean the closet.

Looking forward to meeting you at 3M.

katie

Tiffany said...

Thanks, girlie! I like your yearly slogan- keep on pressin' and you will surely rock out 2007!

I read through your blogs and could not stop laughing... especially about your blog about getting back into the dating game. Amen, sister!

Can't wait to see yall in Austin in a few weeks!