Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Comeback

I had resorted to spending my day chilling out after a long night of Ring of Fire sake shots… until I got the call. The call that would make the beginning of the Tiffany Dynasty Comeback. My friends needed a fifth player for their rec basketball game today or they would have to forfeit and miss their chance of playing in the playoffs. Would I play for their team? HELL YEAH!! I had not joined their team full-time this year due to my hectic travel schedule but would drop anything and everything to hoop it up.

I set the plan for the team. No subs. We were going to press, full-court. I mocked up a couple plays on the back of a bill I had in my purse with a purple Sharpie. If all else fails, I told them, just give me the damn ball. We have to REFUSE to LOSE. My friends look at my half-crazed face with a sense of fear in their eyes. They knew I meant biz-nass today.

It was beautiful. Jumpshots. Rebounds and put-backs. Three pointers. My signature up-and-under move. Draining free throws. Even my left-handed hook shot came back. At the end of the game, I had scored 38 points and had 16 rebounds (according to my personal scorekeeper in the stands).

Funny thing is- back in the diz-ay, my high school high score was only 37 points. That means I set a personal record today, hungover and wooping up on some innocent ladies in a middle school gym.

I think I might need to contact an agent- this officially makes me the hottest free agent recruit for the Charleston County women’s basketball rec league.

**As a followup to this... for those of you dying to know if the Lagerhead Tavern team won today... we won by 3 points!!! Hurray!!!!

5 comments:

Mike said...

You just made me want to play basketball.

Tiffany said...

You got a hoop? I want the best person on my team :)

MW said...

wow!
didya win? huh! didya?!

MW said...

this reminds me of a comedian...
"Amy passes it to Sue. Sue dribbles up the court, passes it to Amy, Amy no looks to Paula, Paula passes back to Sue, who see Tiff slashing backdoor. Bounce pass to Tiff, who spins, double pump fakes, goes up in the air, aaaaaannnnd..... it's a layup."
*<]:^P

Tiffany said...

Don't be hatin' me and my balla status :)

Those fancy white-girl layups are what's taking my team to the rec league finals! I am scoring 40 next game and going for a triple double. Guaranteed.