Sunday, January 14, 2007

Bachelorette Party Recap...

Waaaaait, I can’t post the details here. This is a running blog after all. I would hate to bore you all with the details of my social life and bachelorette antics when you are clearly coming here to read about my running and training.

What was I thinking?

On to running. I did my 11 miles today. I felt pretty damn good the entire way… I feel sooo much more confident going into the 3M Half than I did Kiawah back in December. I had not run more than 8 miles before doing Kiawah and that was 3 weeks before the actual race. My travel up until the race totally killed my training efforts as I found myself switching back and forth between coasts and I totally burned myself out of work and never actually got those last few long runs in. No excuses anymore! Fortunately, I have been in town for several weeks now and that has allowed me to get into a training rhythm. I will admit- I am itching to get back on the road so this will be my last week in the office before a 3-5 week bender (still waiting for final travel itinerary details for where I will be going after I get back from my ski trip Feb 9th).

Big news! I took the plunge today… I registered for the Chicago Marathon! I decided to finally quit talking about it and go for it. I figured this would be a good first marathon for me and gives me plenty of time to prepare after getting a couple halfs under my belt. Although… it also puts me into deep marathon training in the dead of summer here in Charleston. I know I can get through it… I did it last year… on a smaller scale. Summers in Charleston can only be described as hellacious… consistent 90+ degrees with full humidity. I will have to force myself once again to be a morning runner!

As of right now, I am running Chicago by myself. Most of my marathon friends have run it before or are going to be running NYC or Marine Corps a couple weeks later. I don’t mind going it alone… there is a ton of crowd support and I am used to traveling alone…. Plus… (this is the best part)…. Check out my digs for the weekend - Not too bad, eh? Racking up hotel points is surely paying off as I will be in luuuuuuxury! Anyone else thinking of doing Chicago?

Nice to finally chill out after a big weekend of running and catching up with friends…. My favorite chair is feeling so good and these cherries are yum-yum-yummmmy!

Have a great week everyone!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I posted a comment last night????

Seriously- bachelorette antics pulease!!!

Bimini- 3rd try...pretty good for a virgin;)

Good Luck with Chicago!

Tiffany said...

Wow Katie! Third try… that is pretty damn good. I played the other night and my skillz were a tad rusty- you might be kicking my butt at Bimini!

The details of the bachelorette part-tay are not really postable… I might have to give a live recap when there. Perhaps pictures would just tell a more “vivid” story?

Unknown said...

we love pix....not to mention the weatherman doesn't want us outside??? seriously!!!

Tiffany said...

Hope you caught on your skanky celeb gossip, soap operas, and game shows...

Sending warm 75 degree vibes your way!!! :)

MW said...

if we run chicago, can we stay in your palace for free?

Tiffany said...

Hell yeah!! Any and all are welcome!! Well... first let me come to Austin and make sure you are not totally freak show serial killers. Then you can earn the right to stay in the Chicago Marathon Suite o' Tiff, gratis!

Let's run it!! CHICAGO YAYAYYAYYYY

Unknown said...

Can I be support crew? I may be hammered at the race but that should make cheerleading much easier;)

Tiffany said...

Katie- you are now appointed as head of the Chicagopalooza Support Crew team. Your job is simple- scream your lungs off, recruit some additional crew members, and greet me at the finish line with a coool beer (or 9)

Can you handle these duties?

Unknown said...

I will go above and beyond the call of duty for support, recruiting, beer drinking & beer delivery.

You're in good hands I promise!!!

Catwoman said...

I'm debating between Chicago or Marine Corps, but as I will be living in DC by then, the marine corps makes more sense. One of the hashers - "I like Your Boobs" - is doing Chicago. I don't know if you met hime while in CS?

Lulu said...

We are all freaks. But not serial killers. Well maybe a couple of the guys have dabbled a bit....

Tiffany said...

Hey Catwoman... Chicago is where all the cool kids will be! I think I met Boobs at the Tejon St. Pub Crawl... can't really recall much other than that though!