Friday, December 08, 2006

Twas the night before my half...

and all through the house,
Tiff's friend Edi was sleeping as sound as a mouse.
Tiff drank beer at her pre-race dinner,
Chugged 'em down to show she was a sinner.
She polished her nails, she downloaded Jay Z,
To round out her music collection on her MP3.
Alarm set for 4:30 AM, what will she do?
Procrastination setting in- you know it's true.
Pop the cork on some vino, just one little nightcap,
Soon she will lay down for her pre-race nap!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay she is not tired-she is wide awake,
She considers the drunk dial calls she will make.

4 comments:

Mike said...

I hope your marathon goes as smoothly as the beer and wine and the poetry. Good luck.

brownie said...

How'd it go? Good on ya for having a few drinks beforehand!

Tiffany said...

Yes, a couple drinks I had. I felt good this morning... my friend wanted to leave my place by 5 AM though. We ended up getting to the island by 5:45 AM for a 8:00 AM start. Doh. So, I slept in the car until 7:30. Amateurs.

I am glad I turned my phone off last night as the barrage of drunk dial call returns came in during my beauty rest. Not yours though, Brownie. Ha!

Anonymous said...

truly a weirdo.
luv it!